Booking Terms and Conditions
2. Amendments and Cancellations by Clients
1. Clients can cancel at any time. The cancellation will be effected at the time that Barefoot Travel receives a written request from the Client and the following cancellation charges will apply.
a. Prior to 1 week of departure, 10% of the Nett Product cost.
b. Within 1 week until 3 days 25% of the Nett Product cost.
c. Within 3 days or less no refund is given.
d. No refund is given for a partially used Product.
e. If airline tickets have been issued at time of cancellation, an additional airline cancellation fee and service charge will be assessed.
f. Cruise Reservations Not refundable if canceled within 15 days of departure.
2. After the booking has been confirmed proposed amendments must be advised by ‘the Lead Client’ and will incur an administration fee of equivalent to GBP 30.00 except for the first change that will incur no fee. No requested change can be guaranteed.
3. If any number of the party is prevented from travelling because of death, injury or serious illness of the client, close relative or friend, redundancy or jury service, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person or departure date or tour of similar standard and cost provided that written notice is confirmed by Barefoot Travel.
4. If a refund is payable by Barefoot Travel to the Client, the refund amount will be calculated according to the conditions set out in Section 2.1 and with consideration of evidence of exceptional circumstances. Barefoot Travel will not pay fees charged to the Client by the Client’s bank for processing the credited amount.
3. Information and Pricing Policy
1. Prices in the Barefoot Travel brochure are correct at time of publication. Before a booking is confirmed, Barefoot Travel reserves the right to amend these prices due to any circumstances outside the control of Barefoot Travel such as but not limited to changes relating to governmental action, increases in transportation costs (including schedule airfares and the cost of fuel) changes in any dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services (including landing taxes or embarkation / disembarkation fees at airports), increases in admission fees. Tour accommodations are based on twin/double share accommodation for single travellers – single supplement is required
2. Bank transfers are accepted as the full amount payable as published. Barefoot Travel(Tekin Turizm Seyahat) is a registered business in Turkey. Therefore, we only accept Credit Card payments in Turkish Lira. The full amount payable in Turkish Lira is calculated by taking the daily selling exchange rate on the date of sale multiplied by the full amount published and payable. The said exchange rate can be found at www.tcmb.gov.tr. Your bank will use their exchange rate when charging your Credit Card for the amount of Turkish Lira that was withdrawn by Barefoot Travel.
3. Product information is published by Barefoot Travel in good faith and Barefoot Travel will use its best endeavours to operate all Products as advertised. Barefoot Travel reserves the right to change any of the facilities and services described in its publications and to substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment resulting from any change.
4. Cancellation By Barefoot Travel
All Barefoot Travel Products are subject to a minimum number of participants Barefoot Travel reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking in any circumstances, however, Barefoot Travel will not cancel a Guaranteed Departure Product except in the unusual circumstances of force majeure, defined here as war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, flight cancellation or any other external circumstances beyond the control of Barefoot Travel. Compensation is not available if Barefoot Travel is forced to cancel or in any way change a tour due to force majeure but where Barefoot Travel is unable to provide the tour booked, Barefoot Travel will return to the Client all monies paid to Barefoot Travel (less any insurance premiums paid) or offer an alternative date or holiday of comparable standard.
5. Tour Meeting Point
Clients are fully responsible for transportation to and from the Tour Meeting Point. The Tour Meeting Points are as set out in the relevant brochures or as advised by Barefoot Travel.
6. Travel Insurance
Adequate insurance is mandatory for all Clients to cover at least but not limited to medical and repatriation expenses, loss of luggage and cancellation or curtailment of a Product and should not exclude any planned adventure activities from the time of booking for the full duration of the Product as a minimum. A Client and his personal belongings are the sole responsibility of himself. Barefoot Travel accepts no liability on the Client’s behalf where Barefoot Travel has provided a Product of reasonable standard. Clients are fully responsible for arranging their own insurance.
7. Liability of Barefoot Travel
1. Barefoot Travel Products and in particular, adventure activities, contain an element of risk to the personal safety of the Client that other package holidays may not contain. By accepting these Booking Conditions Clients are aware of the risks inherent in their chosen travel and Clients undertake such risks at their own volition. Barefoot Travel accepts no liability of Client’s damages where Barefoot Travel has fulfilled its Duty of Care to Clients by providing Products of a reasonable standard. Barefoot Travel accepts no liability if there has been no fault on the part of Barefoot Travel or its’ suppliers, and the reason for the claimed damages was either the Client’s fault or a result of unusual circumstances beyond the control of Barefoot Travel by force majeure and the consequences of which could not have been avoided even with all due care.
2. In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, Barefoot Travel’s liability in the said cases will be limited in the manner provided by the relevant international conventions.
3. Barefoot Travel accepts no liability if additional costs to the Client are incurred through delay, accident or disruption of the Product(s) beyond the control of Barefoot Travel by force majeure.
8. Travel Documentation
It is the responsibility of the Clients to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, vaccinations, preventative medicines and other medical certificates and all necessary travel documents. Barefoot Travel is not liable for damages arising from changes in regulations or laws to the necessary travel document requirements. Information about these matters is given in good faith by Barefoot Travel but without liability.
9. Health and Conduct
All Clients are expected to satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in the brochure. Any Clients with pre-existing medical conditions or illness must declare the true nature of such conditions at the time of booking, and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Such a client is required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner to confirm they are fit to travel. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and relieve Barefoot Travel from any obligations and liability.
10. Client Exclusion and Local Law
Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Barefoot Travel’s and its supplier’s employees and representatives whilst on tour. If in the opinion of such persons, the health or conduct of a Client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without prior notice or any liability on the part of Barefoot Travel. In the case of Client ill health, Barefoot Travel may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the Client. Passengers agree to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries they travel. Barefoot Travel shall not be liable to any Clients who commit illegal or unlawful acts whilst on tour.
Our authorised representatives may take photographs and films of our Clients while using any Barefoot Travel Product. Barefoot Travel reserves the right to use said material for any advertising or promotion without obtaining further consent. Barefoot Travel also reserves the right to use any comments Clients make, questionnaires or complimentary letters with respect to Barefoot Travel or its Products in promotional literature.
If the Client has a complaint about any of the Product arrangements the Client must raise the complaint immediately with a Barefoot Travel employee so that Barefoot Travel can use its best endeavours to rectify the problem. Barefoot Travel cannot rectify a problem it is unaware of. Failure to complain on the spot will extinguish or at least reduce Barefoot Travel’s liability to pay compensation. Should Barefoot Travel be unable to resolve the problem on the spot a complaint must be made in writing within 28 days of completion of the Product.
Tour accommodations are based on twin/double share accommodation for single travellers – single supplement is required. Barefoot Travel will make every effort to accommodate people travelling together in their requested room type, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
14. Minimum Number Products
1. Minimum Number Products are all Products that are not listed as Guaranteed Departure Products.
2. If there is only a small number (Barefoot Travel’s discretion) of Clients booked on a Minimum Number Product that is cancelled for that reason, Barefoot Travel will inform the Client or Client’s Agent one week in advance. In such a case the Client is given the free of charge option of changing to an alternative date or Product of comparable value or a refund of all monies paid.